Monday 26 September 2016

Oktoberfest in September

Good news! Sister Killian and I have survived another transfer cycle and we'll stay together for the next 6 weeks :) I'm absolutely thrilled - I love this area and I love Sister Killian! We have a lot of great things to look forward to!
󾓨 Miracle alert! A couple days ago we were praying for a chance to invite Karina's mom to take the lessons with Karina because we know how much it will BLESS their family! When we showed up to our next appointment, Karina's mom was sitting on the porch and said, "If you don't mind, I'm going to be joining you for your lesson today." We looked at each other in shock and said we didn't mind at all! She's really interested in learning more and has great faith in Christ! Sadly neither of them was able to make it to church on Sunday, and we're going to move Karina's baptism date back a bit just to make sure she's ready, but we're so excited to teach their whole family!

󾓨 We had the brilliant opportunity on Saturday to go to Appleton's Oktoberfest! The Neenah ward does a fundraiser every year at Oktoberfest selling "tiger paws" (fried bread dough with cinnamon and sugar - they're always a bestseller) to pay for youth camps and such. We were surprised when we showed up to help at how BIG of an operation it was; literally 600 pounds of oil in a hot-tub sized fryer! THAT big! And at least 20 people manning the booth at all times! I wish I could take a picture but I was up to my elbows in dough! But believe me, it was a BLAST! I love Mormons. 

󾓨 Women's conference on Saturday was unbelievably wonderful. I'm wondering if they've always been this good and I've just been too caught up in the world to notice??? Because on my mission it feels like General Conference might as well be a holiday! I LOVE it so much!!! President Uchtdorf's talk really touched me - he shared a story about missionaries who kept knocking a whole apartment complex until they hit the fourth (top) floor, last door... and THAT'S when a miracle happened. It motivated me to keep working and striving to NEVER GIVE UP!!!! 

󾓨 Another miracle alert! Through a series of incredibly small and seemingly insignificant events, we came in contact with a less active in the YSA named Mikaela. We met her at a Kwik Trip (best gas stations EVER) and she wants to come back to church! I don't have time to list all the things that brought us to that Kwik Trip, but it was a much-needed reminder to me of how TRULY involved the Lord is in the details of the work! I was blown away!

I think that's all for this week! Love you all!

xoxo

Sister K.




No comments:

Post a Comment