Monday 19 October 2015

Transfer News!!

Hey Everyone!

I can't believe my third transfer is practically over! We got the transfer board in our emails today and... drumroll please... Sister Decker and I are staying together, and we will still be covering both areas!!!! Ahhh!!!! I don't even know what to think. I guess I am grateful that neither area will be closed for sisters, because that was my worst fear! I am finding that I seriously REALLY care about all these people and leaving would hurt a lot. And it looks like I will pretty much be in Waukesha or Kettle Moraine (or both!!) at least until Christmas... a weird thought!
As far as the work goes, we had a great lesson with Teri, and later with Autumn and Althea. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and really emphasized the fact that our choices in this life really do matter; they have eternal significance!! I am so grateful to know that I am a daughter of God, that I lived before coming to this earth, and that I will live long after. Having that knowledge changes the way I make my daily decisions because I understand that there are consequences and blessings to everything we do/ don't do. I also have a whole different perspective knowing that I am entirely responsible for the kind of person I become in this life, and that whatever I become will be the only thing I take with me when I depart this life. Deep stuff, right? Yeah, I like to ponder about the Plan of Salvation!! Haha.

Really though, I was reading a talk this week by Lawrence Corbridge (of the Seventy I think) and he said that our whole purpose in being here on this earth is to CHANGE. To become more like our Savior, to experience life, to be shaped into something much better than we were before. That gives me hope and makes trials seem much less painful. Well, they are still painful but there is a real purpose to them! I don't know if I have changed much yet as far as actions go, but inwardly I feel the changes every day. I hope you all are feeling yourself grow and change for the better too! :D

Well that seems to be all I have to report. Basically all our appointments lately have been falling through, and so we are now tracting missionaries more than ever before!!! Also, we are always and forever short on miles and so we try to walk/bike more, especially while the weather is still decent. Apparently it is supposed to snow in a week or so! Ahh! Winter is a-coming! But the fall is SO beautiful while it's here! I will try to send pictures:)

Love you all! Hope you are well!

xoxo

Sister K.

P.S. MIRACLE OF THE WEEK!!!! I almost forgot!!! Kaylee Crossley and Lauren Case (now Hancock) came to visit the Waukesha ward!!! They are my good friends from my student ward at BYU. It was so great to see them, I almost died of happiness!!!!!!!! :D :D :D




No comments:

Post a Comment