Tuesday 27 October 2015

Tracting Miracles!!

This week was busy and full and there are so many things to be excited about. We finally were able to meet with the mom of a part-member family that we've been working with, and both of her kids really want to be baptized!!! They are 11 and 8 years old and are both so cute :) We haven't been able to meet with Teri at all, but hopefully we will soon! 

The most incredible miracle happened while we were tracting! Sister Decker and I had pretty much been knocking on doors all day (we've fortunately been busy enough lately that we don't have much open space, but that day everything fell through and the whole day was wide open!) and we were starting to lose faith because people rarely answer the door when they see it's us, and if they do they only tell us to go away. Well we knocked on a door and a sweet 16 year old girl opened up and started talking to us and she was AMAZING!!!! She offered to pray for both of us at once and then she prayed for both of us individually, and then she let us in to her house and we talked for more than an hour about our relationship with God and about the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Her dad had a guitar, too, and I was able to play the Nazarene song I wrote!!!! Made my day! :D We have an appointment with her a couple weeks from now and we are really excited about it. It's cool to feel like we are making connections with people and making a real difference, even if we only touched one person that whole day. And I keep being called to repentance about my attitude towards tracting; I don't really mind it much anymore, but I always think of it as a time-filler and not real missionary work. Well, not anymore! Amazing things happen when you put your shoulder to the wheel and do what you don't want to do but what needs to be done!!

I've been thinking a lot lately about my relationship with God. I feel like whenever I'm in a time of struggle or trial I stubbornly try to find ways to deal with it besides calling on God; for example, before my mission it was songwriting. I would go insane if I didn't have my guitar readily available so I could vent and get out my feelings and deal with things that way. Or it used to be running, too, or calling Mom or talking to Kayli or my roommates and friends about how I felt. But out here, I can't really do any of those things!!! So I am literally in the position where the ONLY thing I can do that will actually help me to cope is to get on my knees and put all my worries on Heavenly Father. I'm learning how important it is to turn to Him FIRST, before trying any other way to de-stress or vent. It's been a learning experience but I'm trying my best!!!!!

Love you all! Hope your week was great! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

(I tried to be all fancy with my Halloween typeface but that's as good as it will get!)

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment