Sunday 24 July 2016

More Blessings--

This week was WONDERFUL for so many reasons! Well, mostly one reason... I GOT TO GO BACK TO WAUKESHA!!!! On exchanges with Sister Wilkerson!!!! It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! Out of the goodness of their hearts, the Waukesha sisters scheduled a dinner appointment with one of my FAVORITE families in the whole WORLD... the HASSELLS!!!!! (My biggest regret in life: not snagging a picture!) The Hassells have been SO ridiculously good to me. They even bought a six-string guitar and had a mini "concert" for me to play my songs... I just LOVE that they love me for who I am, they don't just love me because I'm a missionary. Ahhh it was too perfect. And it was so much fun to be back in my old stomping grounds - we got to do service at the Food Pantry, which I LOVE, and tried to see some of the people I used to teach. I don't know if you remember me talking about Mari, the teenage girl we tracted into in October who was a miracle? Well we tried seeing her, but her dad answered the door and told us she's on a service trip in Africa right now, but then we had a real positive experience sharing from the Book of Mormon with her dad! It was great! And then we proceeded to tract into an open and interested family of NINE. Haha, it was just a miraculous day!!!! Waukesha is my homeland!!!!
We also got to help out at the Stake Youth Conference on Friday and Saturday. It was SUPER neat because it was designed to be a mini MTC; everyone got a nametag and a companion and a mission call, and they were taught how to  prepare for missions and how to be missionaries (the Elders taught them how to teach the Restoration, we got to teach them how to teach the Plan of Salvation), and then they practiced teaching "investigators" (member volunteers) the discussions. (They also played games and did teenager fun stuff although I wasn't there for that part, haha.) We got to be some "investigators," and it was SO cool to see these youth bearing their testimonies of the Restoration and Plan of Salvation. The Spirit was so strong - they will be an INCREDIBLE generation of missionaries!
Interesting experience of the week: we met up with our potential investigator Rishan for lunch on Saturday... at a bar. Like a legitimate Milwaukee bar! I'm not a fan of the atmosphere... but the food was good! I'm not sure if Rishan is too interested but hey, it was worth a shot!
Anywho. That's all I can remember at this point. Kayla is struggling again... just needs a lot of love and prayers. I love her with all my heart.... she is truly wonderful. I will ALWAYS think of her when I think of my mission, THAT I know for sure!!!!
Hope ya'll have a great week! Love you!!!

xoxo

Sister K.


No comments:

Post a Comment