Monday 14 September 2015

14 Sep 15

Hey All!

This week was great! As crazy as it is to be covering two areas, I think going back to only one someday will seem boring! Both wards are awesome and the land here is so so pretty. I'm telling you, there's nothing quite like Wisconsin skies! And I am especially happy because FALL IS OFFICIALLY HERE! Well, I'm not sure if it's technically fall on the calendar or anything, but the weather broke a couple days ago and the air is all crisp and cool and smells all nice :) And Halloween stuff is being sold in Walmart, so that defines autumn in my book!!!

We had several small miracles happen this week! First, Teri! We had a lesson with her on Tuesday, and we invited her to come take a tour of the church building on Saturday. She agreed! And she brought her fiance Rick (who we've never been able to meet) with her to the church tour, and it went really well! I've never noticed before how strong the Spirit is in our church buildings, but when it's quiet and no one else is there and you take a minute just to feel it, the Spirit is so strong. Teri said she felt peace when she was there. She couldn't come to church the next day, but I think next week she'll be able to make it! That makes me SO happy :)

There is a family in the Kettle Moraine area that is amazing, and we're really hoping to make progress with them. The dad just got baptized in July, and his wife and two kids have been investigating the Church as long as he has. His wife feels kind of pressured into joining the church and wants a break from studying with the missionaries for a while so I haven't even really had the chance to teach them yet, but we have such high hopes for them. I already love them and I've only met them twice! So that's exciting!

Friday we had interviews with President Cutler! He is the most amazing man. He carries the Spirit with him in a way I have never witnessed before. He helped me to see that Sister Decker and I are in this situation because the Lord trusts us to carry the work in both areas! Before I had kind of been thinking it was a fluke, but he built up my confidence that this is exactly what needs to happen. He also gave me a blessing, and I am so SO grateful for the power of the priesthood and the worthy men that hold it. I am counting down the days until General Conference!!!! I can hardly wait to hear from our prophets! It's going to be a good one, I can tell!!!

Love you all! Have a great week!

xoxo

Sister K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment