Monday 28 September 2015

28 Sep 2015

This week I am really loving both of my beautiful areas :) We had an amazing lesson with Teri on Wednesday! We brought a Sister from the ward with us, and she bore such powerful testimony of the Atonement and the Book of Mormon. (Fun fact: as a mission we are doing an Atonement study of the Book of Mormon, and I have learned the most incredible things! For example, just today I was reading in Moroni 7 and I found new meaning in verse 16: "Every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ." What is the "power and gift" of Christ? The Atonement! Therefore, everything good in life comes from the Atonement. It straight up says that a couple verses later, in verse 22, and again in verse 24: "all things which are good cometh of Christ." I know this to be true! Because of Christ and His goodness, we have an example to follow that leads to all good things in this life. Incredible!) But anyways, that lesson with Teri made me the most hopeful I have ever been. I know the Book of Mormon changes lives, people!!

Also, I am like a CHILD AT CHRISTMAS when it comes to General Conference. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to hear from our prophets, seers, and revelators, as well as the other leaders in the Church. I talk about it to all the members and investigators I meet. Women's conference on Saturday was AMAZING!!!! I particularly loved President Uchtdorf's talk; I was hanging on his every word! In a strong sense I feel a lot like Ava, and her summer with Aunt Rose is like my mission. I really feel that one of the most important things I will learn on my mission is how to be happy despite my circumstances; on a mission, you don't choose what your area is or who your companion is, so you need to learn how to work hard and LOVE IT no matter what! I want to be the kind of person who radiates happiness and pure joy even in my trials. I have that vision in mind for myself, and it's time to put it to action! I have gotten a lot better already but I still have a looong way to go!

We are struggling to find new investigators (that's something that seems to be on my list of "Not Strengths") but we keep trying. I came up with a way to motivate myself: I want to spend my mission looking for the people I call my "Premortal Pals"; the people I made promises to in the Pre-existence that I would find them here on earth!!! Every day I tell myself, "Let's go find a Premortal Pal today!" Hahaha. Sounds dumb, but it's the little things that make the biggest difference.

Love you all! Hope you are loving the beautiful Fall and looking forward to Conference as much as I am!

xoxo

Sister K.

P.S. I will try to send pictures... next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment