Tuesday 8 September 2015

Transfers This Week!

Hey All!

Hope you had a GREAT Labor Day yesterday! We had an awesome ward activity in the morning and ran (walked) a 5k (it killed me) and had pancakes and played kickball! It reminded me of the great times in CO when I was growing up, when we would play frisbee at Fox Run! The Waukesha ward is so great, I am really starting to feel at home here!

So... TRANSFERS are TOMORROW! And just like pretty much everyone predicted, I will be finishing Sister Decker's training!!! Something I didn't expect, though, was that we are still going to be covering two areas!!! It's both super overwhelming and super exciting because it's a lot of work, but the pace is going to be a lot faster (fun!) and we're going to have to plan and execute our plans really well in order for it to work long term. It'll be so great! 

My companion Sister Casas, who is leaving us, is going to MILWAUKEE to be the FIRST SPANISH SPEAKING SISTER MISSIONARY in our mission! How cool is that?! She's practically famous! Haha. It makes me happy to see the cool changes that are happening. This work is great!

Did I ever tell you all about Satnam? Well he's the sweetest old man (84 years old!) ever and I just love him. We stopped by to visit him this week and he isn't doing very well; he has cancer and is probably in his last few days. I remembered he had said he liked a certain kind of vegetable soup, so we brought him a can of it and a card and it meant a lot to him. He said he had been hoping we would come visit him! He started crying, and then we all started crying, and we shared a scripture, and the Spirit was so strong! The Plan of Salvation is real, folks! Death is so scary, but in this case death is going to set Satnam free. I just know he is going to accept the gospel in the afterlife, and I feel privileged to know him.

This week I was praying to receive a witness of the Book of Mormon and some other questions I've had. My mind has been so plagued by these questions, to a point where I'm not sure I should have even allowed myself to go. But Moroni promises in the Book of Mormon that those who receive these things and ask the Father about them, in Christ's name, will receive a witness that the book is true. Well, I asked... and my answer came later than I demanded it... and it's kind of a long story I don't have time to share now... but I KNOW that book is the word of God. I know it is scripture! It has changed my life! Through the Book of Mormon I am coming to know my Savior on a far more personal level, and the things I learn astonish me every day. I'm so grateful to have this truth!!!! I know this is the Lord's work, and it's where I need to be!

Love you all! Hope school is going great, for those lucky ducks who started this week :) Keep on keeping on!

With Love,

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment