Monday 21 September 2015

Hey All!!

Hey All!

Another great week. We are finding a good balance between Kettle Moraine in Waukesha and for the first time I think it's really working. We have time for all the most important people we are working with, and we have time for some finding activities, too! 

I had a humbling experience this week I'd love to share with you! 

Sister Decker and I were tracting in Waukesha and no one was answering any of the doors, when finally we knocked on a door and the lady who lived there came out the side to see what we wanted. When we told her we were missionaries and we were there to share a message, she got all offended and waved her arms at us and yelled, "Go get a real job!" and went back in her house. For some reason, this really really got to me! Here we are, offering the best thing in the world to someone, and she totally misunderstands what we are here for. We're not here for money; we're not here for any reward! We're here because we love God and we want to share our knowledge with everyone! 

As we were walking away, I started crying because I was so flustered. I felt like I still haven't touched or helped anyone even though I've been here 3 months already. So we stopped at a Subway to go to the bathroom/wipe my tears (haha, embarrassing!) and everyone in the Subway just stared at me! I came out of the bathroom and the Subway guy gave me some napkins (he was actually quite sweet, his name was Ben and he said he'd come to church just to make me happy), and I was trying to explain all my feelings to Sister Decker when a cute blonde woman came up to me. She said something like, "I know wiping your eyes with a napkin is the pits; here, take this," and she handed me a cute patterned handkerchief. She gave me a hug and told me everything would be alright, then walked away. That act of kindness absolutely made my week!!!! Not only that, but it humbled me in a major way. Here I am, the missionary, the one who is supposed to be serving other people instead of getting caught up in my own inadequacies, and this random nice woman reaches out and serves ME. It should have been the other way around! Folks, I have SO much I need to work on. So SO much! But I know now more than ever before that Heavenly Father loves me. He loves me, and He loves all of you, and He loves all of His children! He puts people in our path to touch us, and whom we can touch. Any difference I have made so far in anyone's life is very much worth the sacrifice. 

I love God, and I love all of you. Hope your week was great!

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment