Monday 2 November 2015

BEST WEEK EVER!!

Hello Everyone!

This was seriously the best week ever!!!! We got to go to the Trunk-or-Treats in BOTH wards (two nights of family fun, it was AWESOME and we got to meet several non-members as well!), we had Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday and ELDER RENLUND (that's right, the 100th Apostle of this dispensation) came to speak, and he reorganized the Stake presidency!!!! My companion and I sang in the Stake ward choir, and after the meeting we actually got to shake his hand!! I'm a lucky duck :)

We also found a couple new investigators, which is super exciting!!! I used to be so down on myself because I never seemed to be able to get people to listen with me or want to meet again, but I'm learning that nothing I do here is because of my own abilities; I just have to be open to the Spirit and let God work through me, and things happen! Also, a lot of miracles are happening in our mission because we are doing a 90 day fast to get 75 baptisms by the end of the year. For 90 days, at least one companionship is going to be fasting per day, so it's a continuous stream of fasting! And so far the miracles really have come! For example, we were tracting a couple days ago and I had a feeling we should go down a certain street, and at first NOTHING was happening and I was feeling all foolish... but then we bumped into a sweet lady named Alexia who agreed to meet with us again and learn more in a couple days. I'm so thrilled to be seeing these little miracles daily!

Like I said, Stake Conference was awesome! One of the DEFINITE themes of the day was that THIS is the Lord's church on the earth, that He DOES direct it and us through modern-day prophets, and that Joseph Smith was a restorer of truth and a prophet of God. Throughout the meeting the Spirit was so strong, testifying that these things are true!!! I am so grateful for the knowledge we have and I have a hard time putting my feelings about these things into words, but I want you to know that I know these things are true :)

Love you all! Can't believe we're in November!!!!

GO PACKERS!!!

Jk jk.

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment