Wednesday 16 December 2015

14 Dec 2015

This week was great! I am loving being Sister Tidwell's companion. We're getting along really well and working hard together! I am also so happy to be serving in Kettle Moraine and being able to focus all my time and efforts on ONE ward and ONE area. We're not running around crazy all the time anymore and it makes it easier to keep track of the miracles!

One miracle that happened was a lady named Linda! It was about 6:00 and pitch black outside and we were tracting in a random neighborhood that I now realize we were undeniably led to. We knocked on Linda's door and it looked like no one was home... but Linda answered and immediately invited us inside and took our coats and let us sit down in the living room! She's this sweet grandma with a nice husband and three boys who are all grown up and away from home. She was wearing a cute ugly Christmas sweater and Christmas socks, which made me so happy, and honestly she reminded me of Mrs. Claus or something. But we had a great discussion and she seems to be really prepared, and she even said she would have invited us over for Christmas but she'd be out of town!! The second miracle happened when we were about to leave... she gave Sis. Tidwell and I a big Aldi pack of dark chocolate-covered cashews, which were the BEST things I've EVER tasted. #blessed! People like Linda make me realize how much better I want to be; I want to be the kind of person who invites in random strangers and makes them feel at home, because why not? Why not be so friendly and generous and kind? I am grateful every day for the people who are placed in our path who are disciples of Christ, no matter the denomination. 

We also had miracles happen as the result of fasting. Our mission is doing a collective 90 day fast where each companionship takes turns fasting for 24 hours. Our turn was last Wednesday, and we found 2 new investigators (Lori and Tammy) and contacted 2 former investigators who have since become investigators. It is so exciting to be a part of this work!!!!

Our ward is incredible and is helping us to feel at home. Also, to those of you who have sent Christmas letters and packages, THANK YOU!!!! It always, always makes my day!!!! :D

Something I've been thinking a lot about lately... the Savior really was born, all those years ago. Think about it. It changes everything!!!! I love how Christmastime points our thoughts to the Savior's life and the miracles he wrought... but I love even more picturing that tiny, innocent baby being held by his mother. It makes him more real to me somehow. I know you all are remembering the Savior as you celebrate this year, and I just want to thank you for making this time of year special!

Love you all!

xoxo

Sister K.



No comments:

Post a Comment