Monday 21 December 2015

Merry Christmas!!!

Hey Everyone!

Hope you are all having a great Christmas season so far! In my case it hasn't really hit me yet that Christmas is THIS WEEK because the weather has been oddly warm lately, especially for Wisconsin! It got down to the 20s this week but now its back up to the 40s and 50s. God must really love me because I am just a baby about the cold!

This week we saw many miracles! One of those is the Lyons family. They were investigators about a year ago, and we re-established contact with them a couple weeks ago and started teaching them this week. On Thursday was our zone conference, and right after zone conference was our lesson with the Lyons, and EVERYTHING we learned in conference directly applied to the lesson! It was AMAZING! The Lyons' daughter Erin said the closing prayer and it was one of the happiest, sweetest moments I have ever experienced. I love that family so much!!! Sister Tidwell and I both feel a really strong and special connection to them, even though we've only known them for a short time. I think that's one of the greatest gifts we receive as missionaries; the ability to love people genuinely and intensely from the very first moment we meet them. For me, that love is something I've really prayed to have, and so many people I meet are answers to that prayer! 

We also had a lesson with Joy this week. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and along with that, I am always pondering about the premortal life and what it means. The fact that our personalities, talents, and natures are all so different from each other, even from our infancy, attests to the truth of our premortal existence and that we learned and developed skills before coming to earth.

We're still doing LOTS of finding as we try to build up the area. Even though progress is hard to see, the work is picking up because the members are getting more involved! Kettle Moraine is an amazing ward, it really is! The past couple nights we have been going out with the ward mission leader and his wife and other members to carol to investigators and families who need a boost. I love love LOVE Christmas caroling, and it's a great way to bring in the Spirit!

The Ward mission leader and his wife, Brother and Sister Bonner, gave me the greatest Christmas gift ever yesterday. Each of us missionaries got an orange (because we've been "especially good" (sis. Bonner) ) and a box of cereal!!! That's right Mom and Dad, a box of cereal just like our long-standing family tradition!!!! It totally made my day. I love you all and have been thinking a lot about you as I anticipate Christmas, but I want you to know I am so happy and the people here are really taking care of me :)

Have a great week! Merry Christmas!

xoxo

Sister K.

P.S. I tried to send me and my companion's Christmas photo, but if it didn't work, let me know! I'll try again next week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment