Monday 7 December 2015

First week of new Transfers

Hey All!

Hope you are loving the Christmas season so far! It makes me so happy to see all the Christmas lights around the neighborhoods. We have a lot of time every day to enjoy them, too, because it gets dark here before 5:00pm now. It's getting colder, too, but it's still not too bad. My Colorado upbringing has prepared me for this so BRING IT ON Wisconsin!!!! Haha. 

Well this was the first week of a new transfer! Like I said last week, I am training a new sister! I met her on Wednesday and we had some trainings by the President and his wife. The mantle of being a trainer is SO real. I felt it a little before, when I was finishing Sister Decker's training, but this week it has been an almost tangible thing. I feel extra accountable for every decision I make, and even though that's a stressful thing it's also a blessing. I know that the best way to teach is by example, and I want to be the best example possible for my trainee!!!

Her name is Sister Tidwell from Huntsville, Utah and she's super sweet and very very pretty! (Sorry folks, I forgot my camera cord so I can't send pictures!) Also she likes running and it has been FANTASTIC to be able to run in the mornings again - it's chilly but it helps me so much to de-stress.

Since we're in just Kettle Moraine now, we are going to have more time to find new investigators, something I am VERY excited about. I can't wait to see what this transfer brings as we dig in and strive to build our teaching pool! 
As we tracted around this week, we have met a couple pretty amazing individuals. One of these people was Jim, an older gentleman. He didn't want to take the survey and he didn't want to "be converted," but he let us in (don't worry folks, his wife was home) and made us some hot chocolate and let us warm up for a while. I saw that he had a nice acoustic guitar and he told me to play it for a while! So I played a couple songs for him and I think it made him really happy. It made me really happy too, so it was a win-win! Well, nothing really came of our conversation with Jim that day, BUT when I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants the next day I found a verse that says that we will be able to recognize the disciples of Christ because they will be the ones who invite us in and feed us. Well, Jim did just that, and I got the impression not to give up on him!

Speaking of which, I am realizing more and more how the Spirit speaks to me, which is awesome! I think I've been getting more promptings my whole life than I ever realized. And to a certain extent, it doesn't really matter if I know if something was a prompting or not; as long as it's a good thought or impression and I follow it, I know I'll be doing the right thing!

Have a great week!!!

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment