Monday 4 January 2016

Freues Neues Jahr!!

The new year started off with a bang this week! We were SUPER blessed in our finding and contacting efforts to find SEVEN new investigators in three days!!!!! I've never experienced anything like it!!! After weeks and weeks of seemingly nothing but finding activities, we are finally going to be able to teach!!! :D It's funny because I don't really get nervous about talking in front of crowds, but teaching two on one or two on two terrifies me to death. It's these peoples' salvation on the line, and my personal worthiness and preparation will determine how much they understand the importance of making and keeping commitments and preparing for baptism. Kind of some heavy stuff! But I am excited for the opportunity to improve my teaching skills. I've done a lot of things on my mission so far (yesterday was my 7 month mark! Ahh!) but teaching actual lessons hasn't happened consistently enough for me to get all the practice I want and need! So this is an answer to prayer, folks! (on many levels!)

As part of my goals for the new year, I have decided to study one new Christlike attribute per month and record in a journal every day what I learned that day, how I saw that Christlike attribute in someone else, and how I saw it in myself. This month is FAITH (because everything begins with faith) and it has already been enlightening. Just yesterday I learned that true faith isn't contingent on results... In other words, having faith means having a belief and a hope that is independent of the outcome of a situation. If I really have faith in the conversion process, then I believe that the process will work for all of our investigators... regardless of whether or not they actually accept and become converted to the gospel in the end. If that makes sense. So basically, I just want to say that I do have faith in the conversion process. Not necessarily because I have seen it in others yet, but because I have seen it in myself!!! I know that the gospel - especially repentance through the Atonement of Jesus Christ - can and does change us for the better, if we let it!

It's been a whirlwind week but I don't know what else to tell you! Hope you are all setting some great goals! As for me, I'm calling 2016 "The Year of the Harvest." (My companion came up with that but I think it fits perfectly!) 

Have a great week!

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment