Monday 21 March 2016

Spring is in the Air!!

We've had some nice days and some not-so-nice days as far as weather goes but I really can't believe spring is already almost here. I don't want to get my hopes up that winter is actually over! That would be too easy! I was blessed with the best winter ever! #luckyduck! haha.

Well, I'm pretty sure this is the busiest I have ever been in my life! There is so much work to be done in this area, it's insane. But I love it! The people are SO great (that's a theme I've noticed in my life; there are always INCREDIBLE people no matter where we are!!!) and I love getting to know them better. The YSAs are cool. I'd say the hardest part about serving in a YSA ward is that it makes me miss college life SO much! It's such a fun phase, and sometimes it's hard to remember that that's just not the phase I'm in right now. I can't wait to be back at BYU and be able to apply all the things I've learned out there, because I've learned a LOT! Mostly I think my perspective has changed; it used to be all about me, and what MY plans were, and what I wanted for MY future and my family's future; but now I see it's not actually about me at all. My whole life I have prayed to get the answers that I wanted, but now I am learning how to pray for what God wants for me. I want to do what He wants me to do! I've found that personal revelation flows easier when I pray that way :) It's definitely a work in progress though. I still have no idea what the future has in store for me... but I am practicing receiving spiritual revelation on the day-to-day things first, so that when the time comes I can receive revelation on the big stuff :)

Speaking of revelation, I gave a talk about it yesterday in the Brookfield ward. Definitely an inspired call, because I really needed to study more about the Spirit. A quote that really stands out to me from Preach My Gospel is, "Salvation cannot come without revelation" (Joseph Smith). The more I think about this quote, the more it rings true! We NEED to know how to receive revelation. We NEED to know "how to make important things happen by our faith" (Russell M. Nelson). If we know how to receive guidance, we WILL see our children grow "without sin unto salvation" (D&C 45). That's a promise!! I think personal revelation is the most underutilized resource in our lives. What a gift! It takes a whole lifetime to master... but it's worth practicing!!!

Anywho, as far as events go... we had exchanges with the Milwaukee First sisters, and I was with Sister Gross in the YSA ward! It was great. That was my first time traveling by bus without Sister Wise, and we made it all the way to Marquette and back without dying! So that was cool! (Mom, Dad, you know my sense of direction/navigation... so it was a pretty big deal! haha.)

We had another lesson with Kayla... ohmygoodness, she is AMAZING! I can't even wrap her in words. She's in Utah this week and is going to go to the Salt Lake Temple Visitor's Center! Ahhh!!!!! I hope SO HARD that she has an incredible spiritual experience and comes back wanting to be baptized :) Or something. Haha. No, she will probably take a lot more time, but she is incredibly worth it! We are also teaching some others that we are so excited about, especially Dora! She's so cute and she came to church yesterday, and said she plans on coming back again!!! :)

We got to go back to Waukesha this week for a lesson with a recent convert... and holy cow! It was SO STRANGE to walk those streets again! I've come so far since then! I served in Waukesha FOREVER ago! But it also feels like just yesterday. Crazy how time flies!

Love you all. Happy Easter!!! I am so grateful that we know of the Living Christ and all He does for us. Hope you make this week great!!!

xoxo

Sister K.


No comments:

Post a Comment