Monday 28 March 2016

Happy Easter!!!

Hey all!

Hope you had a Happy Happy Easter! I've always loved Easter but this year was especially good... I am gaining so much love and respect for our Savior and so much appreciation for what He did for us. Every time I think about Him or learn about Him He becomes so much more real. Even though Christ lived more than 2,000 years ago, I am grateful that we can still know through the scriptures and through the Spirit that He lived then and still lives now! What a blessing!!

Went on a couple exchanges this week... they were great! It's a lot of fun to see how other Sisters work and what other areas are like. Tender mercy: on exchanges in Milwaukee, I got to teach a lesson to a girl and her mom... and then on Sunday, they came to our church building and didn't know where they were supposed to go for Sacrament meeting (three wards meet in that building, so it gets hectic), but because I knew who they were I was able to greet them and show them around! Little things like that happen all the time because of exchanges, and I know God is aware of each of us and gives us little daily blessings because He loves us!

People have been gone a lot for Spring break lately so it's been hard to meet with a lot of them. Kayla is in Utah, and is LOVING it!!!! She went on a tour at the Salt Lake Temple's visitor center, and she said she knew more about the church than her friend who showed her around!! haha. She's practically a Mormon. We love her so much, it's insane. I have never felt so much anxiety about a person's soul... she is PRECIOUS and she is prepared, but if she doesn't discover the truthfulness of this NOW, I don't think she ever will! So that's why I am anxious! Haha. But it's all in the Lord's timing, I guess.
We've been doing more bus contacting and it still scares the living daylights outta me. I had a not-so-good experience with a 30 year old man one day, and then a downright BAD experience with a rude old lady the next day. Kind of took a toll on me I guess. But whether I like it or not, whether I'm good at it or not... I've still got to do it. So I might as well like it AND be good at it!!!! So I am slowly learning!!!

The Women's general broadcast was AMAZING!!! For anyone who didn't get to watch it, I encourage you to look it up! SO good. It was all about service... there is always so much more we can be doing. Not that we should feel overwhelmed by the amount of service opportunities... we should be grateful we have so many chances!!! Because as President Monson said, "Opportunities to serve are indeed limitless, but they are also perishable." May we all recognize opportunities to serve and take them... especially this Easter season... because that's exactly what our Savior did!!

Love you!!!! HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment