Monday 11 April 2016

I know that I know that I know!

Just when we thought it was spring... it totally rained/snowed/sleeted every day this week! Crazy! BUT that just means we will appreciate spring all the more when it comes. (and then when it comes again the next week, and the next week and the next... we get multiple springs here in temperamental WI! haha.)
So... I GOT TO GO TO SANDY'S BAPTISM THIS WEEK!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!! Sandy is a sweet older lady I taught when I was in Waukesha. It was the coolest thing ever because she totally dropped Sis. Hunter, Sis. Casas and me when we were teaching her in the summer... and if I had stayed in Waukesha, I never would have thought to go back and contact her again. BUT! God knows! So I DIDN'T stay in Waukesha, I moved to Kettle Moraine... and the new Waukesha sisters re-contacted Sandy almost first thing! And this time she was ready to progress and accept the gospel! She is incredible!!! I also got to see Sister Tidwell and Sister Decker - both my old companions - at the baptism, and so many of the people I love from my first area. There's nothing quite like that feeling of being surrounded by people you served and who served you. Kind of feels like a slice of heaven! :)

I don't know if I've ever talked about Shannon before, but we've been seeing a lot of her lately! She's a YSA and she's learned from Sisters in the past, but because of some tough situations she closed off and cut the church out of her life. BUT! We reached out to her a couple weeks ago, and she is letting us in again! The more I learn about her and the more I understand about her, the more I love her! She has had a ROUGH upbringing and ROUGH life in general, but is sweet and gentle and has an innate goodness and sensitivity to the Spirit. We have been reading the Book of Mormon with her and it's cool to see how much she gains from it, and how she can apply it to her life. I'm telling you, folks! What a book! :)

We met a girl named Sabrina this week (a referral from a member) who has a STUNNING testimony of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. She couldn't talk about herself and her life WITHOUT talking about God in almost every sentence... and it just made me realize. I want to be someone like that; someone who can't talk about herself without also talking about God. He TRULY has given me everything I have, and made me everything I am, and I am nothing without Him. I need to praise Him more!!! "Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel" (Alma 26:16). I love being here, and I love the gospel. I know it's true!!! "I know that I know that I know!" (that's something Sandy always says!) 

Love you all! Have a great week! I have pictures this week, hallelujah!!! :D

xoxo

Sister K.

A Lake Michigan lighthouse

Sandy's baptism

Squid masquerading as Orange Chicken.....


No comments:

Post a Comment