Monday 4 April 2016

Happy Conference!!

Man oh man, General Conference was AMAZING!!!!! With every single speaker, I just kept feeling in my heart how TRUE it all is. And how wonderful it all is! I loved when Sister Oscarson was talking about all the things our church claims... because we do claim some very bold things!!! But we know it's true! And that's why we invite EVERYONE to see for himself if it is true or not. Also, I loved how she said that the church really isn't just "a church." It's not a social club, or a nice Christian community... it is literally God's kingdom on the earth!!!! That's how I have always felt about it, I just didn't know how to put it in words!! I also loved President Uchtdorf's message about being rebuilt through the Atonement... and I may or may not have teared up a bit when I saw the photos of beautiful Germany... oh how I miss the Fatherland!!!!

Kayla is back from spring break, FINALLY!!!!!! We got to watch the first session of conference with her. She is just AMAZING. We talked with her member friend about her after, and he just kept saying that Kayla is such a strong, powerful Christian woman with a HUGE sphere of influence. She's like the first of a jillion dominoes, and if she were to be converted to the restored Gospel and join the church, her decision would influence GENERATIONS before and after her... as well as her family and friends on earth right now. I can truly say that Kayla is a Kingdom Builder; she is the literal fulfillment of Spencer W. Kimball's prophecy about the righteous women in the latter days who are being drawn to the church. I am so hopeful for Kayla, and so anxious all at once... but the coolest thing is the relationship that we have with her. She knows we will love her no matter what we chooses, and we're here for her all the way. I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a lesson this week with sweet Jeanette, a 91 year old woman who lives in Brookfield! She's adorable!!! She accepted a baptism date for April 23rd, but of course she is nervous about the logistics of the baptism. She knows she needs to be baptized, though, and she believes President Monson is a prophet, and she believes the Book of Mormon is true... so we hope and pray that she receives a sure witness from Heavenly Father that baptism is the right step for her at this time of her life!!!!

Well I have a MIRACLE to share with you! A true Easter miracle!!!!! Well, it really has nothing to do with Easter but the timing was convenient! Last Monday my district leader gave me a letter and a little box from Sister Tidwell, my last companion in Kettle Moraine. Inside the box was a beautiful cross necklace from Jim Florence, a man we tracted into in Oconomowoc when we were together! The first time we met Jim, it was FREEZING cold and it was late at night and we were knocking on doors. When we knocked on his door, he immediately said "not interested" but allowed us to come inside and warm up for a minute. When we stepped inside, I saw that he had a nice guitar in his office and of course asked if I could play!!!! I played a couple of my songs... the Ugly Sweater song and the Nazarene song I think. Well, when we left Jim still wasn't interested, but he told us to stop by again the next time we were out in the cold. A month or so later, we dropped by to visit, warm up, and play guitar again. We got to know Jim pretty well.. and he is FANTASTIC. Such a sweet, warm, genuine older gentleman... but still not interested! Well, when I found out I was getting transferred out of Kettle Moraine, I wanted to go see Jim and say goodbye, but when we stopped by he wasn't home! So I wrote my testimony and a little note and our phone number in a Book of Mormon and left it on the porch. Jim got our "gift" days after I left, and he was actually really touched!! He called the Kettle Moraine sisters and told them he wanted to know more. He bought me that nice necklace and gave it to Sister Tidwell to give to me in my new area. And now they are teaching him!!!!! Ahhh!!!!! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!! Totally a miracle! I love Jim!!! I can't wait to hear more about how he is doing!

Sorry for the super long email! I guess I had a lot to say! Love you all:) Have a nice week!

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment