Monday 20 June 2016

DAD's ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

I know I'm a day late, but I just wanted to give a shoutout to my favorite Dad!!! Yesterday in Sacrament meeting all the seminary kids were asked to stand up and share their testimonies of the Old Testament, and it reminded me of my favorite story in the Bible: the story of Joseph of Egypt. Reflecting on why that was my favorite story, I remembered that it's also my dad's favorite! I remember especially one scripture study many years ago, when we were reading the last couple chapters of the story - when Joseph forgives his brothers and saves their lives - and Dad was tearing up because of the intense POWER of the spirit of forgiveness in that story. I don't know if you remember that, Dad, but I know I'll never forget it. Thank you for loving the scriptures and teaching us to love them, too! :) (Also I still brag about the fact that you are an Ironman. That's cool too. Haha.)

Well, Lia (one of our favorite Asians) is getting baptized on Saturday!!! I can't remember how much I have said about her already, but we literally met her on the 1st of June and she is getting baptized on the 25th! I've never taught someone in so short a time before, and we've had to do a lot of fast-paced teaching in the last week and in the next few days, but she really wants to be baptized before she leaves for China! We found out that there is (MIRACULOUSLY!!!) a church building only 30 MINUTES away from where she lives in China!!!!! WOW!!!! We also found out that only baptized members are allowed to attend, so she HAS to be baptized here first! It's been stressful getting done all the things we need to, but the Lord has provided a way! And Lia is so happy and so excited :)

Bailey is doing FANTASTIC!!!!! She's absolutely incredible. Only been a member for 2 weeks and she's already signed up to feed us and the Elders, AND she's bringing her boyfriend to church in a couple weeks, AND her roommates don't pester her about drinking anymore because they know she won't do it, AND she is an amazing fellowshipper for another soon-to-be investigator in the YSA, AND she wants to be sealed in the temple!!!!! I can't even begin to say how WONDERFUL she is!!!! One of my best friends out here for sure. I just can't get over it... what if Sister Wise and I had never called her that night? What if she hadn't answered the phone? We never would have met her! She still wouldn't be a member! She wouldn't have the Spirit with her and be reading the Book of Mormon and be doing all the good that she is doing! It blows me away. I am so amazed by her and thankful for her every day!

We were on an exchange with the Milwaukee Sisters again this week, but this time it was for an actual working day! I was with Sister Mansfield in the Milwaukee First ward and got to meet some interesting characters! Milwaukee is quite the jungle! There are many humble people there though. I met the cutest lil' fella named Prince William... He is two years old and just precious. (I'll send pictures!) Made my day for sure! I LOVE little bros!
Also! Saturday was one of the BEST DAYS EVER!!!!!!! And especially one of the best days of my mission! We got to go to the Milwaukee Polish Festival to help with a family history booth. Being surrounded by all that European culture, plus getting to help people find ancestors and spread the word about Family Search... it was absolutely wonderful :) I've never felt the Spirit of Elijah so strong in my life!!!! But I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (also it made me miss Germany HUGE. I can't even say how much I love the Fatherland!!!!)

Anywho. I love you all! It was a busy and full week... hope you all had a great Father's Day!

xoxo

Sister K.

P.S. Too late, Mom.... my hair is gone!!!!! And much shorter than I was anticipating (the Walmart lady butchered it a bit and Sister Wise and Sister Gifford both had to fix it for me... It's basically up to my chin.) Do I regret it? Yes. Yes I do. That is all I have to say about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment