Tuesday 28 July 2015

End of My First Transfer

Well I can't believe it but Sister Plante goes home on Wednesday and I will be getting TWO new companions, Sister Hunter and Sister Cases! I had the feeling this would happen because I am not super fond of trios, but I have a decent amount of practice by now so it will be great!

Do you remember me telling you about Teri? She has a baptism date for August 22nd! I have never wanted anything as bad as I want her to get baptized! She is the most incredible person ever. Plus, if she got baptized now and endowed in a year, I would be allowed to go with her to the Chicago temple to receive her endowment! I can't think of anything better. 

We got to go to a baptism in a YSA ward near us, and we brought one of our investigators with us, and she brought one of her friends to the baptism and church the next day! It was great! Except the only problem is that both of them are only 14 years old, and it's tricky to teach youth because their parents have to be totally fine with it, and also it can be hard to know for sure that they will be able to find rides to church for the next couple years until they can drive themselves. And also because with youth, it's hard to tell if they really want to join the church because they understand it and love the gospel, or just because they have Mormon friends and like the church culture.

I don't want to jinx it or anything but I am actually starting to like tracting! Miracles!!! Haha. It feels good to be out walking (even if it is a billion degrees) and knocking on doors (even when we're rejected). Plus I've met a lot of people who have strong belief in God and Christ, and even if they are completely uninterested in learning more about OUR religion, it brings me a lot of comfort to see that they are so strong in THEIRS.

This week I have learned a ton about the Plan of Salvation and I realized that it changes EVERYTHING about the way we live. If we understand where we came from and where we're going, it puts everything in life in a whole new perspective and I am so grateful for that. I am also grateful to be where I am, doing what I'm doing! :)

Well I don't have much else to report. But miracles really do happen!

Have a great week! Love you all :)

xoxo

Sister K.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great Jenna! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete