Monday 3 August 2015

A Great Week!!

So this week I got my two new companions and they are awesome. Learning how to balance teaching in a trio is always pretty weird but we're doing alright so far. Sister Hunter is my trainer and she is absolutely amazing, but she leaves for home two weeks early this transfer to make it to school, so Sister Casas will become my trainer! After that, who knows what will happen!! I will have had 3 trainers in 2 transfers and killed off 2 of them. Sad day! Haha. 

We are still working with Teri and trying to resolve her concerns about the Fall of Adam and Eve. That's some tricky business right there! I guess I find a lot of comfort in the fact that we don't HAVE to understand everything to know the gospel is true. If we read the Book of Mormon and know that it is God's word and scripture, the entire Restoration falls into place. I hope Teri can make that leap of faith and continue learning about the Plan! 
We also set a date with an awesome black lady named Starlita. She is incredible! All in all this week we have 7 new investigators which is just insanely awesome!  the work is picking up a ton now in Waukesha. What a blessing! 

I'm still improving at tracting! This week I had someone actually give me back a Book of Mormon that she had been given a month or so ago, and I was like, "I don't want this! This will save your soul!" But she wouldn't keep it! 

 For the first time this week we went street contacting downtown, and THAT is my new least favorite activity! SO awkward! But I have this theory that THAT's why missionaries are so awkward when they get home... because the awkward has become normal! I can't wait to reach that point, YAY! 

This week I have been studying "The Blueprint of Christ's Church" by Tad R. Callister and I encourage everyone to look that up! It is truly incredible how we have the exact same church today that Christ built while He was on the earth. I am reading the New Testament and finding all the gaps that are filled in by the Book of Mormon. I LOVE THAT BOOK! 

Love you all! Have a great week :) 

xoxo 

Sister K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment