Tuesday 11 August 2015

August in Wisconsin

Hey Everyone!

This week was great. I can't believe how fast time is going, and yet so slow all at once... every day feels like a new eternity, but it has been more than 2 months since I went into the MTC! I feel lucky every day to be where I am. Lately I have been studying a talk called "the Fourth Missionary" (don't remember who it's by) that is incredible. It says that our hearts and our minds are the only things we can give to the Lord, since everything else we could give Him (our time, our efforts, our talents) already came from Him. I am realizing just how much better I could be at dedicating my heart to the work. A lot of the time my heart is back home with you folks and my guitar, and while that's not a bad place for my heart to be, that's not where it should be right now! So I am working on that :)

This week a lot of our lessons fell through. I am realizing that okay, tracting can get you some new investigators, but rarely do they actually remember the appointments you set up!! The only lessons that really worked out were with Teri and Althea, when members were there with us. This is why member missionary work is the bomb!

Speaking of Teri, she has been studying the Plan of Salvation pretty thoroughly and now her main issue with our church is the Apostasy. Again. She doesn't understand why God would take His Priesthood away from the earth for such a long span of time and let His children live without it. Also, she wonders why Joseph Smith was the one selected to be a prophet when there were many other truth seekers throughout history who could have been called. Tough questions, but we're doing our best to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon as the best way we can receive our witness of Joseph Smith and the restored Priesthood authority.

And speaking of the Book of Mormon, I had my first real Bible Bash a couple days ago! We were on exchanges so Sister Hunter was gone, but it allowed me the opportunity to step up and try to answer questions and testify of what I knew. I left that experience with an even stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon and the fact that it is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL in clarifying the gospel of Jesus Christ as well as His nature. I love that book and I love being able to defend it with all that I have.

Well I can't think of anything else worth mentioning! The Tripanionship is great, but I am scared for Sister Hunter to leave. She's a pro!

Love you all! Have a great week :)

xoxo

Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment