Monday 31 August 2015

Crazy Week!

Can I just say that I LOVE WISCONSIN?!?!?! I do, I really do! It's so pretty here, and fall is DEFINITELY on its way. The past few days have been all cloudy and rainy and it feels like a personal gift from Heavenly Father. I have needed that for sure, since this has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life!

So Sister Hunter left, Sister Decker is with us now and we are covering Kettle Moraine and Waukesha. That makes for 6 hours of church which is another huge blessing. Church is the best place to be! I love the wholesome spirit of the meetings we have each week, and the people we meet. If I haven't been clear on this, let me say it now: the people here are amazing!!!!! I know that in my emails I haven't been giving them enough credit. This week I was really struggling with the stress of handling two areas, and it was the incredible ward members and people we are teaching who really got me through. I can't say enough how wonderful these people are; sometimes I am surprised by how much I feel towards them, but I am so grateful to feel it and I think it's a gift of the Spirit for sure!!!

We are at a standstill with a few of our investigators since we haven't been able to meet with them, but hopefully this week we will be able to find a balance between both areas that allows us to get some good work done.

With all the craziness going on I have learned so much about the power and peace that comes from prayer. It's so true that prayer changes things, but I think it mostly changes people. Because I don't know how to describe what's happening to me exactly, but I feel more vulnerable than I have ever felt before; like I am in God's hands and He is shaping me into what I need to be, whether or not I want to be shaped!!! Every day I see more of my weaknesses, but every day I learn more about how I can overcome them. I am so grateful for the Atonement, that lifts and strengthens me beyond anything I can comprehend!

I hope you are all well and happy :) Good luck starting school!

xoxo

Sister K.

P.S. I'll be sending lots of photos from the past few weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment