Tuesday 10 November 2015

9 Nov 2015

This week was even busier than the last!!!! We didn't even have time for scripture study the past two days, and WE'RE MISSIONARIES!!!!! Haha that's how crazy it was! Obviously that's no excuse though so I'm repenting and I'll be better at making scripture study more of a priority... even missionaries need it every day! And without it I can DEFINITELY tell a difference!

Satnam, the sweet 84 year old man we were visiting and teaching for a while, passed away in late October. It broke my heart when we went to visit and only his wife Marilyn was there. She told us that he passed away at 5 in the morning, holding the hands of her and their niece, which is just the way he wanted it. She invited us to his memorial service, which was on Saturday, and it was really really neat! We got to see a bunch of pictures of Satnam in his younger days. I miss him! He was an incredible man! Something about the funeral that really struck me was when Marilyn was giving the eulogy, and she said that she and Satnam were married "for 58 years, right up until the moment he passed away." And in my mind it just clicked for me that Satnam and Marilyn... aren't married anymore. 58 years of being at each other's sides, and now the bond of marriage is broken. That absolutely broke my heart!!! I KNOW that marriage was meant to last so much longer than this life. Marriage is more than "til death do us part." With God's authority and in His Holy Temples, husband and wife can be sealed together for time and all eternity. I am SO grateful to know about the eternal nature of marriage and families, and THAT's what I'm out here sharing with people. The end of this life is really a greater beginning, and that's what we can hope for. Satnam taught me so much, and meeting him and his wife wasn't a coincidence! I was honored to be there at his memorial service, and it was a sweet reminder to me that death is not the end!

We have had quite a few good lessons this week, actually. I don't remember if I told you about Mari - the cute 16 year old girl we tracted into a couple weeks ago - but we had our first lesson with her! Something we did NOT anticipate was that her dad joined us a few minutes into the discussion, and started asking some pretty tough questions about the Book of Mormon and where it came from and why it matters. Funny how questions like that used to shake my testimony, but now they only serve to strengthen it! The Book of Mormon has been criticized and degraded and ridiculed and questioned for almost 2 centuries now, and even back when it was being written there were people who mocked the prophets writing the records. But guys... that book is true. It's because of the Book of Mormon that everything else falls into place; the doctrine, the ordinances, the character of Christ and His Atonement. I love the Book of Mormon, and sometimes I get a little too heated up when I'm trying to defend it! It just means so much to me! And for all those people who reject it because they already have the Bible... The Bible is a GREAT thing. And the Book of Mormon is ALSO a GREAT thing. What's wrong with more of a great thing?? Just read 2 Nephi 29!!! That says it all! See? I am already getting a little carried away. I just want you to know that if you haven't yet, READ THE BOOK and pray about it. Let a little bit of that power flow into your life! This is something I want to tell everyone in the whole world!!!!

Hmm, I am realizing I need to be better at telling stories in my emails because that's what makes them interesting! But my mind is blank and so this is all you're getting for now :)

Love you all! Have a great week!

xoxo
Sister K.

No comments:

Post a Comment