Monday 23 November 2015

Thanksgiving

Hey Everybody!


Hope you are all loving this Thanksgiving season. The best time of the year is upon us! Life just can't get better than being surrounded by family and food! :)

Well.... I have OFFICIALLY survived my first Wisconsin snow storm! On Friday and Saturday it snowed about 5 or 6 inches. I love snow so much, it totally made my day! And it made me feel like a little kid, looking out the window at night and seeing the beautiful flurries! I was kind of expecting it to feel like doomsday or something but honestly, Wisconsin snow is a lot like Colorado snow. Beautiful and I love it!!! It's also gotten down to 10 and 20 degrees in the mornings and evenings, but I think it's kind of refreshing. Maybe I love winter more than I thought, because it hasn't been too bad? Or maybe the Midwesterners have been exaggerating the cold this whole time? Or maybe this is just a mild winter. Probably the last one but who knows? Haha.

Well as far as work goes we've done a LOT of service this week. We had the opportunity to hand out the Thanksgiving food at the Food Pantry of Waukesha County and that was really fun. I always look forward to helping out at the food pantry, but around the holidays everyone is so much happier and more grateful. Yet another reason this time of year is the BEST!

We had several good lessons, one with a new investigator Joy. We found her through a ward member. Joy is an awesome mom and is very involved in her own church, so I've done a lot of studying to know how our church adds to what she already has. It's an interesting process! 

This week was awesome because we had Mission Tour on Thursday! Elder Gregory Schwitzer of the Seventy came and taught us about repentance and how significant it is in the conversion process. He pointed out several examples of figures in the scriptures who weren't fully converted until they went through a rigorous repentance process. I think at some point or another we all have to be torn down as low as we can possibly go so that we can rebuild ourselves in God's way, and that's what the process of repentance is. Also, I've started calling the Plan of Salvation the Plan of Eternal Progression instead, because the Plan isn't a road map, it's a process! (I sure hope that's not sacrilegious to say, haha!)

Well, love you all! Happy Turkey day! :D

With Love,

Sister K.



No comments:

Post a Comment